If you are new to the cannabis game, there is a good chance that you have gone to your local dispensary and stared aimlessly at the cannabis menu. Don’t worry, you’re not the first and you certainly won’t be the last. Even for frequent consumers of cannabis, all the different names, strains, THC, and CBD content can leave them feeling baffled. Some people feel like they are reading a menu in a foreign language!
If you are new to consuming marijuana, you might be afraid of purchasing cannabis that is too strong, in case you won’t be able to handle it. However, reputable dispensaries and online stores display all the details helping you make up your mind, and guide you so you can avoid consuming weed products that might send you over the edge. Don’t worry, because understanding marijuana is not as complex as it first appears.
We have combined a list of tips to help you purchase the right cannabis products for your needs.
1. Ask for Help
If you are nervous about going into a cannabis dispensary, don’t be! This is not the same as meeting a gangster in a dangerous part of town buying illegal drugs, in fact, it’s the complete opposite. In countries like Canada, cannabis stores like Canyon Meadows employ well-trained employees known as “budtenders”. These staff members often have excellent customer service skills and understand everything it is you need to know about the marijuana products for sale in the dispensary.
If you are seeking cannabis to help you sleep at night, reduce stress levels, increase your appetite, “budtenders” will be more than happy to point you in the right direction. You will rarely come across a pushy “budtender”, so you can relax around them. The only issue you might find is that they sometimes have too much information which you might come across a little overwhelming. Don’t hesitate to ask them to slow down and tell them to explain in basic terms.
2. Do your own research online
Even though there are thousands of marijuana strains and cannabis products on the market, you will be able to find details about them on the internet. Some people prefer to purchase cannabis products on the internet instead of going to a dispensary. This allows you to do plenty of research before you purchase any cannabis products.
Sometimes, especially when a dispensary is full of customers, novice cannabis consumers tend to feel embarrassed, which often makes them impulsive, so they end up purchasing products they don’t really need or want. Shopping online allows you to shop at your own pace and put some serious thought into what marijuana products you want. Most dispensaries like Canna Cabana have an online store and a website. If your local store has a website, they will probably publish the cannabis products they have available in their physical store. Before you go to the store, you can check out their website so you know exactly what you want before you arrive.
3. Sativa Vs. Indica
Even if you have never used cannabis in your life, you might have heard of Sativa and Indica strains. Here are a few of the basic differences between the two strains:
- Sativa plants tend to grow much taller than Indica plants. The plants are normally thinner and are mostly grown outdoors in hot, dry climates.
- Head high: Buds from a Sativa plant tend to give the individual a head high, making them feel alert, and aware of what is going on around them.
- Euphoric: It can give the user an uplifting sensation and feelings of euphoria.
- Creativity: Many people, such as musicians and artists use this cannabis to help them feel inspired when creating music or art.
- Increased energy: Many people feel it makes them feel energized and it can help them focus better.
The majority of people use this strain during the daytime as it is known to keep people awake at night.
- The Indica plants tend to be a lot shorter in comparison to Sativa plants. They are found growing in areas that experience extremely cold conditions like Northern Russia. To survive such conditions, the plants are stronger, shooter and wider.
- Indica weed gives the user a body high.
- If you want a night chilling on the couch, indica is probably the right choice. It normally makes people feel completely relaxed.
- It will make you hungry: “The munchies” is not just in Hollywood Movies, it’s a real thing! Indica cannabis is widely known to stimulate a person’s appetite, so if you are trying to maintain a healthy diet, make sure to fill your kitchen with healthy snacks!
- Helps people sleep: Many people around the world have issues sleeping, and a large proportion of these people suffer from insomnia. Plenty of people treat their insomnia with Indica cannabis.
- Help treat chronic pain: If you are suffering from muscle or joint, Indica cannabis can help you feel better as it offers pain relief.
Indica can make you feel tired, so it is best if you use this strain before going to bed.
4. How should I Consume Cannabis?
Although most cannabis users love the smell of marijuana buds and the smell of smoke that comes from a joint, however, it’s not everyone’s cup of tea. Some people despise the thought of smoking anything, so luckily there are plenty of alternatives that allow you to consume cannabis differently such as:
- Vaporizers: There are a wide array of vape pens and vaporizers on the market. Some are tiny devices that allow you to add dry herb, some are medium sizes that take cannabis vape cartridges, and others are large devices that require cannabis oil. Some of these take a lot of getting used to, so ask the staff member for advice on setting the device up and how you can refill it when it runs out of cannabis. Often vaping cannabis can feel a lot less harsh on your throat in comparison to smoking a blunt.
- Edibles: There are plenty of different foods available laced with cannabis. Even Hollywood actress Whoopi Goldberg is joint owner of a cannabis edible company. If it is your first time ingesting cannabis products, take your time. It often takes a while before you feel the effect of the marijuana, so remain calm. Often novices don’t feel anything at the start so they keep on eating. This could be a seriously bad mistake!
- A Joint: The most popular method of smoking marijuana is through a joint. Dispensaries and online cannabis stores often sell rolling papers designed specifically for rolling joints. If you are new to rolling, it will take some time to get used to it. However, most dispensaries sell pre-rolled joints instead.
There are lots of other ways to consume cannabis like smoking through a bong, putting it into tea, etc. You might have to experiment with a few different methods until you find what suits you best.
If you find yourself a nervous wreck while inside a dispensary, try to relax. Everybody else in the shop has been in the exact same position as you were at some time in their life. Don’t be afraid to explain to the staff members exactly what you are looking for. At the end of the day, they want their customers to feel satisfied too.